Saturday, December 17, 2011

December

Another month has flown by!  I'm at home on a Saturday night on my computer and writing Christmas Cards. *Gasp*  I've been fighting off a cold for a few weeks and it finally caught up with my yesterday.  I went to Duane Reade which is like a Walgreen's / Rite Aid to buy over the counter medicine.  I've wanted to go to a Quick Care, but wasn't able to find any in my area.  I was lucky to discover that Duane Reade had a walk in clinic and I was seen within 5 minutes!!  The Dr prescribed antibiotics and ordered me to stay home yesterday and today.  I've been in my own sleep marathon and I'm winning.  I've slept more these past 2 days than I average in a week!  I'm feeling so much better!!  It was hard to fight off getting sick because a lot of people have been sick at school and the weather changes so much.  Rains one day, warm the next, cold the next, etc.  I'm getting used to it though.:)

This has been a much better month for me!  My classes have been terrific and I've improved so much.  I'm enjoying them and it feels incredible to see myself progress.  I really needed that!  Some of our acting exercises require improv and impulse.  It's interesting, because my quirkiness and silliness usually comes out and gets a lot of laughs.:)

I did have a bit of a desperate moment last week.  I've been rocking my boxed wine since I got here because I'm not ashamed to say I like it and the price is right.  My favorite bottled wine is any Coppola wine.  I bought a bottle on sale and was so excited to have a glass when I got home.  The wine opener was dull and damaged the cork beyond repair.  I made the executive decision to scrape out the cork with the dull wine opener.  This caused more cork to land in the wine bottle and I know this had elements of danger.  After I removed the large pieces of cork, I filtered the wine with a tea filter into a bowl.  Then, I poured the wine back into the wine bottle and had my delicious glass of wine.  This took 45 minutes and screams wino!  However, I choose to think I showed determination and wine enthusiasm!

My cousin Michael works for an airline and is based in Newark, NJ.  That's not too far from NYC.  I met him and his friend last week.  We had such a great time and it was so nice to be around family.:)

I'm off from classes for about 2 weeks.  I'm going to get out perform some stand up comedy.  I'm so looking forward to this!!  I'm also going to continue looking for a new place to live.  There are so many rooms to rent, but lots of weird people and low standards.  Guess I'm a snob.  I actually found a perfect rental situation regarding price, location, room size, laundry, etc.  However, one of the roommates came home when I was there and had a fight with the roommate that showed me the room.  Glad I saw that before deciding to rent the room!  I have enough drama with the 180 employees at my work and the scenes I have to perform.:)

I'm going to get back to my Christmas cards, but I will post more soon. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you were able to get together with Michael. You officially saw my brother more than I did this year! Have fun doing your stand-up and good luck finding an apartment ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, guess you can come visit me and see your bro!! Thanks cuz, I will! xoxo

    ReplyDelete